Otterbein’s quality is continuously measured and focused on improvement.
Internally, we analyze the Otterbein experience in search of opportunity to improve. To make sure we don’t miss anything, we also commission outside expertise. Our ongoing process for quality improvement includes resident and family surveys, EAGLE Accreditation from the United Methodist health and human service ministries, and Visits and Surveys from the Ohio Department of Health Certification.
Otterbein yields spectacular results in Ohio Department of Aging survey
Of the 957 nursing homes evaluated in 2011:
- Otterbein North Shore Senior Lifestyle Community is rated the No. 1 nursing home in the state of Ohio.
- Three Otterbein locations, Lifestyle Communities in North Shore and Portage Valley, and the Skilled Nursing and Rehab Neighborhood in Monclova are rated in the top 15 facilities throughout the state.
- The “average” satisfaction rating or all 10 Otterbein locations exceeded 92 percent of all evaluated facilities.
- All Otterbein communities/neighborhoods were ranked in the top third of all homes in the state.
- All Otterbein location exceeded the quality incentive threshold, as defined by the state of Ohio.
- Otterbein ranked exceptionally high in quality points for choice personalization.
We’re thrilled with the results! They clearly demonstrate the ability and integrity of the people of Otterbein. Only the most devoted and caring partners—partners who make the people we serve a top priority—achieve outcomes like these.