Life at Otterbein Franklin in Indiana
Nestled in beautiful Franklin, Indiana, our Otterbein Franklin campus is situated on 120 park-like acres that boast mature trees, stocked ponds, sidewalks, and walking trails.
When you visit, you’ll also find a fishing pond, tennis court, playground, and clubhouse with an indoor pool on the grounds. Our main building offers access to a variety of amenities, including our greenhouse, dining room, art studio, library, and more. It also houses our apartments, which can be either independent or assisted living.
We are minutes away from the rich history and charm of downtown Franklin where the courthouse, Franklin College, vintage shops, and eateries are waiting for you to explore.
Our Otterbein Franklin Campus is in close proximity to Greenwood, Indianapolis, and Columbus, which makes shopping trips and cultural excursions easy. We also offer convenient access to medical specialists and nationally recognized hospitals like Indiana University, St. Vincent, Franciscan Health, and Johnson Memorial Health, which is located across the street from our campus.
Living at Otterbein Franklin is not about retirement, but about living an active, healthy life and still being able to plan for your future needs and preferences.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- Studio, 1-, and 2-bedroom apartments (can also transition into assisted living – no need to move!)
- 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom ranch homes
- 2- and 3-bedroom luxury cottage homes
- Rental-only options available
Our services at Otterbein Franklin include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.). Our apartments offer the flexibility to transition with you if your needs change from independent to assisted living.
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for people who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
Brookside Homes Independent Living at Otterbein Franklin
These newly-remodeled luxury senior homes are located in a gated area of the Otterbein Franklin community and range from just under 900 sq. ft. to more than 2,000 sq. ft. See photos, floor plans, and other features of our Brookside collection.
Otterbein Franklin is the place to be for those with an active lifestyle because there’s so much to do here. Our amenities include:
- Indoor heated pool
- Fitness center (with exercise programming)
- Ceramics and art studio
- Computer lab
- Pickleball and tennis courts
- Fishing ponds
- Walking trails
On campus, there are plenty of activities to choose from on the schedule, such as exercise classes, water aerobics, theme parties, card games, educational programs, and live entertainment.
If you’re looking for health services nearby, there are clinic offices for physicians, psychiatrists, podiatrists, optometrists, and dentists, as well as physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy services.
When you get the travel bug, there are plenty of luncheon trips and joyrides, as well as local, state, national, and international travel opportunities. And when you’re hungry, you can grab a bite to eat at Kresge Dining Room.
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Franklin a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein SeniorLife Franklin is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community.
Shirley T. is an independent living resident at Otterbein Franklin. She moved to Otterbein to take full advantage of the activities and opportunities on campus. She especially enjoys the concerts and live music events that take place at Otterbein.
Shirley moved into Otterbein in her early retirement years, and she highly recommends that others consider moving to a CCRC (continuing care retirement community) as soon as they can.
“I’ve heard some people say they waited too late to come here. If they ask, ‘When should I go?’ I tell them, now,” she said.
A Day in the Life
Week at a Glance
Arts & Crafts
PickleBall Open Play
Coffee & Tea on the Terrace
Grilled Lamb Chops
ALWAYS AVAILABLE ENTREES
Omelet, Chef Salad
Peas & Scalloped Yams & Apples
Collard Greens & Polenta
Fresh Green Beans & Sweet Potato Hash
Cottage Cheese & Fruit
Maui Veg & Bow Tie Pasta
- Top 10 Things I Love About My Cottage Home
When you’re considering moving into a senior living community, you might be wondering, “What are the biggest benefits?”
- Top Things to Do in Franklin and Indianapolis, Indiana
Franklin, located only 20 miles south of Indianapolis, has a lot to offer to those living in or visiting the area. From the restaurants and historic movie theater to the Greenway Trail and history museum, there’s something for everyone in Franklin
- Hear From Residents at Otterbein SeniorLife Franklin
The best way to learn about Otterbein SeniorLife Franklin is to hear about it from the people who live here. In this blog, you’ll meet a few of our residents and hear their stories about life at Otterbein.
How can we help?