Life at Otterbein Lebanon
Beautiful and bustling with activity, our 1,200 gently rolling acres are located only minutes from I-75 in southwest Ohio between Dayton and Cincinnati. When you visit Otterbein SeniorLife Lebanon, historic Marble Hall welcomes you with its grand facade as our gardens and ponds beckon. The lovely view of wooded hills changes with the seasons.
On this continuing care retirement community campus, you’ll find ranch-style homes, apartments, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. There are so many options to choose from among Otterbein Lebanon’s many modern, comfortable spaces, all with a 24-hour call system with your safety in mind.
At Otterbein Lebanon, you’ll find yourself among friends who enjoy working in the garden, art studio, or woodshop. Play shuffleboard or bocce ball on a sunny day or Wii games indoors. Maybe grab a game of golf with friends or take a swim in our indoor pool. The choice is yours!
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- 1- and 2-bedroom apartments
- 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom patio and ranch homes
Our services at Otterbein Lebanon include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
Life enrichment is another focus at Otterbein Lebanon, so every Lebanon resident works with a counselor to create a personal development plan for their physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational well-being.
The Aurora at Otterbein: Luxury Assisted Living
If you need a little help with daily activities, our private assisted living suites will fit your needs. At our beautiful new assisted living community on campus, The Aurora, you’re within reach of all of campus activities in a comforting, caring environment with nursing assistance available 24/7.
Otterbein Lebanon is the place to be for those with an active lifestyle because there’s so much to do here. Our amenities include:
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center (with YMCA programming)
- Walking track
- Coffee shop
- Creative arts center
- Movie theater
- Access to 18-hole golf course
- 110-acre lake
- Walking paths
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Lebanon a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Lebanon SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community.
Marilyn M. is a former teacher who is enjoying a fulfilling lifestyle as an independent living resident at Otterbein Lebanon. She has found many opportunities to nurture her passions at Otterbein. For example, she’s been able to develop a large rose garden near her patio home, fostering her passion for gardening.
“Otterbein doesn’t mind that you have an interest in gardening or trains or whatever it is that you like to do,” she said. “They, in fact, encourage all of our interests. They try to help us to accomplish all of that.”
A Day in the Life
Week at a Glance
PickleBall Open Play
Senior Aqua Pool
Prayer & Bible Study
Cornhole Open Play
Knit Wits Club
Scrabble Open Play
Water Fit Class
Euchre & Mexican Train Games
Chat & Craft
Coffee & Conversation
Kentucky Derby Day Party
Grilled Lamb Chops
ALWAYS AVAILABLE ENTREES
Grilled Cheese, BLT
Chicken & Waffles
Omelet, Chef Salad
Collard Greens & Polenta
Peas & Scalloped Yams & Apples
Fresh Green Beans & Sweet Potato Hash
Maui Veg & Bow Tie Pasta
Stewed Tomatoes & Roasted Potatoes
California Veg & New Potatoes
- Lebanon Residents Volunteer Time, Meet Friends at Shaker Cellar
Residents at Otterbein have the opportunity to get involved in many ways — from venturing off-campus for outings to joining guest lectures to enjoying the woodworking or art studios. Many residents also serve as volunteers on campus.
- Otterbein Lebanon Love Stories: Romances Old and New
Otterbein SeniorLife Lebanon has become home to many couples over the years. Some have been married for 40+ years, some have found new love after the passing of their spouses, and some have even met for the first time on our campus.
- [Video] Exploring Hobbies at Otterbein SeniorLife Lebanon
There’s a common misconception that moving into a continuing care retirement community means giving up independence and choices. In most situations, it means just the opposite! Residents at Otterbein SeniorLife communities are encouraged to be as […]
How can we help?