Senior Living at Otterbein Sunset Village
Located on a spacious 70-acre campus on the outskirts of Sylvania, Ohio, a suburb of Toledo, Otterbein Sunset Village is a modern continuing care retirement community (CCRC) with much to offer. The campus is divided into two main areas ― the main campus center and Fieldstone Villas.
The main campus center houses assisted living and long-term skilled nursing residents, as well as post-acute and rehabilitation guests. The Bissell Neighborhood is our state-of-the-art rehabilitation center and is connected to the rehabilitation and skilled nursing area.
Fieldstone Villas is an independent living community located on the same campus just across the meadow from the main campus center. Fieldstone Villas residents have convenient access to the clubhouse, which contains a fitness center, restaurant, and indoor pool.
We recently added 10 villas to our community. Click on the button below to see inside these beautiful luxury homes.
What does Independent Living at Otterbein look like?
Get a closer look at the independent living community in Fieldstone Villas by watching a video tour, viewing a list of amenities, and more.
Fieldstone Villas offer ranch-style villa homes in independent living with plenty of living space. Each villa features:
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Laundry room
- Attached garage
Assisted living accommodations are available in a variety of options, including:
Our services at Otterbein Sunset Village include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Inpatient post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
Rehabilitation at Otterbein Sunset Village
Our on-site, inpatient rehabilitation center, featuring one of the largest therapy gyms in northwest Ohio, offers physical, occupational, and speech therapy to help you get back to your best life. Learn more about rehabilitation at Otterbein Sunset Village.
Otterbein Sunset Village provides lots of opportunities for our residents to stay active and engaged. Our amenities include:
- Indoor pool (independent living)
- Beauty and barber shop
- Private clubhouse (independent living)
- Fitness center
- Dining areas
- Conference room
- Walking paths
Is Independent Living at Otterbein Sunset Village a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein SeniorLife Sunset Village is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community (CCRC).
Joan H. is an assisted living resident at Otterbein Sunset Village, where she received rehabilitation and therapy following a surgery to address a tremor that she developed as a result of Parkinson’s disease. Through Otterbein’s Parkinson’s therapy program, Joan was able to regain some balance and learn helpful techniques to help her with her activities of daily living.
“I think the level of care here is very important and very good. I think that the staff is very caring,” she said.
Now, Joan is able to continue living her life to the fullest and teaches resident art classes at Otterbein Sunset Village.
A Day in the Life
Otterbein Sunset Village
Week at a Glance
Week at a Glance
Talk and Trivia
Outing and picnic lunch
Artist & Resident – Learn to Paint with Watercolor
Computer Games – It’s Never 2 Late
Vesper Service with EUM Church
Birthday Party with Entertainment
Saturday Night at the Movies
- Meet the Leadership Team at Otterbein Sunset Village
There’s a whole “village” — pun intended — ready and excited to be part of your journey at Otterbein Sunset Village. When considering a move here, you’ll meet many of our partners (staff). As a resident, you’ll get to know them even […]
- Therapy Services at Otterbein Sunset Village
If you’ve been hospitalized after a health event or have had an outpatient procedure, the next important step is therapy. Learn more about the therapy and rehabilitation services available to you at Otterbein Sunset Village.
How can we help?