Life at Otterbein Granville
In our village-style life plan community, gracious public spaces complement well-designed private senior living residences, including apartments, cottages, and villas. We are located in a park-like setting with woods and meadows, where more than half of our acreage is open land, yet we have easy freeway access to the “big city” of Columbus and an international airport.
We make space for the gregarious and the contemplative. Residents can be as active or as quiet as they prefer, because there is no one right way to live!
Freedom is an important concept at Otterbein Granville. Our residents’ fresh ideas thrive in familiar, supportive surroundings. Resident-directed activities and life-enhancing friendships enrich community life. The design supports a range of individual lifestyles, promotes community interaction, and optimizes mobility for people with a variety of physical capabilities. Many residents are lifelong learners who audit classes; attend concerts, plays and lectures; and volunteer throughout central Ohio in a variety of settings.
A comprehensive health care program is offered on campus, with health and wellness programs, physician services, therapies, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory support and long-term nursing care.
Since its opening in 2005, Otterbein Granville has been a resident-driven community where residents create and facilitate their own activity programming and special events. Over 30 resident-run committees ranging from entertainment and movies to philanthropy and bible study combine to create an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and individual interests and personalities are valued.
Assisted Living at Otterbein Granville
A close-knit community with a dedicated interdisciplinary team who take pride in getting to know each individual, including their hobbies, interests, and needs. Explore more about the experience and services provided at Otterbein Granville.
We offer a variety of choices in independent living with beautiful, spacious living spaces, including:
10 apartment floor plans ranging from:
- The Apple Floorplan: 600 sq. ft. 1-bedroom, 1-bath apartment
- The Evergreen Floorplan: 1,395 sq. ft. 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment with a den
4 cottage floor plans ranging from:
- The Fir Cottage: 800 sq. ft. 1-bedroom, 1-bath cottage
- The Ivy Cottage: 1,375 sq. ft. 2-bedroom, 2-bath cottage with a den
2 villa floor plans (with attached garages):
- The Maple Villa: 1,570 sq. ft. 2-bedroom, 2-bath villa
- The Oak Villa: 1,750 sq. ft. 2-bedroom, 2-bath villa
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery or unexpected injury or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
Our Health Center provides a person-centered, coordinated health program offering a full spectrum of care on the campus of Otterbein Granville, a life plan community. We are Medicare-licensed with private skilled nursing accommodations and assisted living apartments.
A spacious rehabilitation center includes physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech/language therapy. Rehabilitation therapies are available at the center to Otterbein Granville residents, community members who have been recently discharged from the hospital, and others needing outpatient services.
A large warm-water pool and a well-equipped fitness center, as well as a physician’s office, are on-site for the convenience of Otterbein Granville’s independent and assisted living residents.
- Art studio
- Woodworking shop
- Indoor pool
- Fitness center
- Gathering rooms
- Fine dining
- Wooded nature trails
- Fiber arts studio
- Putting green
- Bocce court
- 2-acre pond
- Ceramic studio
- Billiards room
Otterbein Granville Arboretum
With 95 species of trees, Otterbein Granville’s campus is an accredited Level I Arboretum ― one of only 20 in Ohio. Click below to explore the natural beauty of our 94-acre property and learn more about our commitment to our trees, landscaping, and love of nature.
Is Otterbein Granville a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Granville SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our life plan community.
An author and retired history professor from Kenyon College, Reed B. is an active contributor to community life at Otterbein Granville. He loves writing about all kinds of topics, including resident blogs for Otterbein SeniorLife. He has also participated in Lifelong Learning programs, taking courses at Denison University. Reed and his wife, Susan, chose Otterbein Granville for three main reasons: greater personal freedom, financial security, and a life-enhancing environment.
How to Get Involved
Resident Groups and Committees
Delay the Disease Exercise
Current Issues and Public Policy
Community Movie Nights
Diversity and Inclusion
Otterbein Granville Council
Aesthetic Interior and Public Space Decorating
Lifelong Learning at Otterbein Granville
Otterbein Granville’s ties run deep with nearby Denison University, and we also have connections with other institutions of higher learning in the area. Residents can take classes, interact with college students, attend concerts, and more.
- Blessing the Animals at Otterbein Granville
- The Way of the Flower, A Path to Explore at Otterbein Granville
By Otterbein Granville resident Kathie H. “A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in — what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.” - Victor Hugo, Les Misérables The 94 acres plus six more contiguous to […]
- Joining the Priority List at Otterbein Granville
By Derik Kroeze, Director Of Sales and Marketing Otterbein Granville is a Life Plan Community (also known as a continuing care retirement community), with the key word being “plan.” Uncertainty about the future can be stressful for everyone, […]
How can we help?