Life at Otterbein Sunset House
Otterbein Sunset House is a perfectly unique blend of historic charm and innovative community life. The moment you walk through our doors, you’re greeted by beautiful and comfortable surroundings, warm and friendly people, and a wide variety of opportunities to pursue your favorite hobbies – or discover new ones.
Daily life at Sunset House integrates cultural and social outings and events that keep you connected to the world around you – and engaged in what matters to you most.
Meet new friends in the Hearth Room for intimate conversations. Appreciate nature’s beauty while strolling the walking path along the pond. Or catch up on your reading in front of the fireplace with a favorite beverage by your side.
What does Independent Living at Otterbein look like?
Get a look at our campus and explore our senior independent living options at The Woodlands Independent Living at Otterbein Sunset House, which includes one- and two-bedroom apartments in a variety of floor plans.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
Our services at Otterbein Sunset House include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents.
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed.
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.).
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care.
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness.
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care.
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one.
- Hospice care for those with life-limiting illnesses or conditions to help them live the highest quality of life possible.
Serving Fulton, Wood, and Lucas counties in Ohio, Ashanti Hospice provides hospice for residents in the greater Toledo area. Our care focuses on helping those nearing life’s end in living each day with the highest quality of life possible and providing comfort to the entire family.
Otterbein Sunset House is the place to be for those with an active lifestyle because there’s so much to do here. Our amenities include:
- Common areas with fireplaces
- Meeting and activity rooms
- Bar for social events and happy hours
- Beauty and barber shop
- Walking paths
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Sunset House a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Sunset House SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community (CCRC).
Margaret H. is an independent living resident at The Woodlands Independent Living at Otterbein Sunset House. She loves many aspects of living here, such as the friendliness of the community, the quality and variety of the food, and the convenience of maintenance-free senior living.
“I’m very comfortable in my apartment. I’m so glad to be here and not have the responsibility of a home. It suits me just perfectly, and I enjoy my friends here,” said Margaret.
A Day in the Life
Otterbein Sunset House
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Week at a Glance
Talk and Trivia
Outing – Ride to along River and picnic lunch
Artist & Resident – Learn to Paint with Watercolor
Computer Games – It’s Never 2 Late
Vesper Service with EUM Church
Birthday Party with Entertainment
Saturday Night at the Movies
- [VIDEO] Finding Quality Assisted Living Care at Otterbein Sunset House
“It’s like being in a hotel — and yet we still have our privacy, or we have as much interaction as we want.” - Otterbein Sunset House resident Mina
- Your Guide to Assisted Living at Otterbein Sunset House
What is assisted living like at Otterbein Sunset House? This blog will explore the frequently asked questions we get about assisted living services, activities, and amenities in our community.
- Parkinson’s Disease Therapy at Otterbein Sunset House
Did you know that specialized therapy for those with Parkinson’s can help improve the quality of life for people with the disease?
How can we help?