Life at Otterbein Cridersville
Our Cridersville campus, which is conveniently located on I-75 in northwest Ohio (close to Lima, Ohio), blends the energy of urban life with the beauty of a rural retreat.
When you visit this beautiful, 120-acre CCRC (continuing care retirement community), you’ll see tidy homes sitting on friendly streets with generous views of sky, woods, fields, and water.
With Otterbein’s vibrant social scene designed for active lifestyles, there’s always something to do at Cridersville. There’s scheduled transportation for excursions and local sightseeing opportunities such as concerts and museums, as well as wellness and health care services like the on-campus fitness center.
Maybe you prefer relaxing outdoors with amenities just outside your doorstep, like fishing at three well-stocked ponds, or walking and biking along picturesque paved paths. Otterbein Cridersville is a beautiful campus that has it all.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- 1- and 2-bedroom patio homes
- 2- and 3-bedroom ranch homes
- 1- and 2-bedroom apartments
Types of Services at Otterbein Cridersville
Our services at Otterbein Cridersville include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery or unexpected injury or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
At Otterbein, we care for the whole you: physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational, so every Cridersville resident meets with an activities counselor who works with you to create a plan for personal development and life enrichment experiences.
The Grove Assisted Living
Our comfortable, private assisted living apartments provide a safe haven for those needing extra help with activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, dressing, etc.). You’ll also have direct access to our Life Enrichment Center, plus three meals per day.
Like all Otterbein campuses, the Cridersville community is designed for active lifestyles. Our outdoor amenities include:
- 120 beautifully landscaped acres
- Paved roads for walking and biking
- Three fishing ponds
- Shuffleboard courts
- Picnic area
- Resident gardens
Indoors, our Life Enrichment Center offers a plethora of venues and activities, such as:
- Fitness center
- Heated pool
- Woodshop and craft room
- Campus cinema
- And more
The Life Enrichment Center also houses the campus center, which features a dining area, community and conference rooms, and the chaplain’s office. The Life Enrichment Center is also open to non-resident members who are 55+ and fully vaccinated. Just fill out the form below for more details.
Independent Living at Otterbein Cridersville
Take a look inside our independent living community.
Blue Jay Court
Red Wing Court
Red Oak Apartment
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Cridersville a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Cridersville SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community.
A retired teacher of 37 years, Ethel N. loves her patio home and the friendships she’s made at Otterbein Cridersville. She stays busy by participating in Bible study, adult coloring, the walking club, and spending time outdoors with friends on campus.
Her favorite activity is visiting the library on campus, where she spends 30 minutes every day studying her Sunday School lesson with the religious materials available.
“It’s a fun place, and it’s also a place where you can meet a lot of different people. It’s just a great place to be,” she said.
A Day in the Life
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Men’s Coffee Group
Strength & Stamina
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken
Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Lemon Pound Cake
- The Grove Assisted Living at Otterbein Cridersville Offers Unique Dining Experience
From open meal times to made-to-order dishes, dining at The Grove Assisted Living at Otterbein Cridersville is a unique experience. Residents enjoy the family-style dining room where they can gather for nutritious meals and participate in activities […]
- Partner Spotlight: Wound Care Expert at Otterbein Cridersville
When you’re considering a skilled nursing community for your loved one, you want to be sure that they will receive top-notch medical care when they need it. So it helps to know ― What does medical care look like in a long-term care setting?
- Long-Term Care and Modern Updates at Otterbein Cridersville
When looking at long-term care for your loved one, you want to know he or she is being cared for by familiar people who are educated, trained, and who take the time to get to know your loved one — in a space that is modern and updated to meet […]
How can we help?