Life at Otterbein St. Marys
Life at Otterbein St. Marys means lakeside living. Excellently located for an on-the-go life in northwest Ohio, our campus sits on the shore of Ohio’s largest inland lake near the city of St. Marys.
From the moment you arrive on campus, you’ll hear the lake water lapping at the shore and the birds singing overhead. Life at this CCRC (continuing care retirement community) is like a vacation home for every stage of your life.
We have waterfront ranch-style homes, apartments, assisted living, and nursing care, with amenities such as events in our community room and the Life Enrichment Center with its warm-water pool. Take a ride on the campus shuttle and experience life at Otterbein St. Marys.
Whether you want to relax and enjoy the sunset or take a boat ride, there’s always something for you to do at our St. Marys community.
What does Independent Living at Otterbein look like?
Get a look at our campus and explore our senior independent living options, including apartments, patio homes, luxury waterfront homes, and more.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- Studio, 1-, and 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom patio and ranch homes
- Large, luxury waterfront homes
Our services at Otterbein St. Marys include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
Life enrichment is another focus at Otterbein St. Marys, so every resident works with a counselor to create a personal development plan for their physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational well-being.
Living on the lake has its perks. While at Otterbein St. Marys, you will find yourself among friends who enjoy taking in the beautiful surroundings, playing shuffleboard, or even fishing from a pontoon exclusively for residents’ use.
Otterbein St. Marys is designed for active lifestyles and has a vibrant social scene. Our amenities include:
- Indoor warm-water therapy pool and outdoor pool
- Fitness center (with YMCA programming)
- Crafting center
- Beauty and barber shop
- Common areas for events, entertainment, and fellowship
- On-campus restaurant
- On-site church services
Bud & Barb
Sisters Sandy and Judy
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein St. Marys a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein St. Marys SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community.
Don R. has lived at Otterbein St. Marys for several years ― he’s seen and done a lot in that time, and he’s not about to slow down now.
At Otterbein, Don has had a hand in a little bit of everything ― woodworking, running the sound booth, volunteering, sharing goodwill gestures with staff and residents, and sitting on several resident committees over the years. He is a strong believer in lifelong learning and is constantly trying new things.
“I didn’t come to Otterbein to sit and do nothing ― I came here to be active,” said Don.
A Day in the Life
Otterbein St. Marys
Week at a Glance
Music & Memory
Snack & Chat
Oven Fried Chicken
Cabbage Rolls in Tomato Gravy
Pot Roast with Vegetables and Potatoes
Homemade Chili with Cornbread
Bruschetta Chicken with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Macaroni and Cheese
House-Made Hash Brown Casserole
Baked Sweet Potato with Brown Sugar and Butter
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- From Rehabilitation to Independent Living at Otterbein St. Marys: Mary’s Story
After receiving rehabilitation at Otterbein St. Marys, Mary R. moved into an independent living apartment
- A Couple’s Path From Church Camp to Otterbein St. Marys
Otterbein St. Marys couple Jim and Sandie L. met in 1963 at the very location where they have now retired. They were both counselors at Camp St. Marys, a church camp held on the grounds where Otterbein St. Marys is currently located.
- A Tale of Two Sisters: Meet Sandy and Judy [Video]
Sisters Sandy P. and Judy H. were inseparable growing up, and they still are years later. Hear about their bond and life at Otterbein St. Marys in this video.
How can we help?