Life at Otterbein Pemberville - Where Your Spirit Knows No Age
At Otterbein Pemberville, small-town life is right next door to big-city excitement. Our 165-acre campus with its woods, meadows, and ponds is located amid the playlands of northwest Ohio.
This CCRC (continuing care retirement community) features ranch-style homes, apartments, assisted living, and nursing care, ready for you to live as independently as you may in modern, safe, comfortable spaces with 24-hour, all-community call systems.
Otterbein Pemberville is located minutes from I-75 and the Ohio Turnpike (I-80/90), offering easy access to adventure. If you’re a frequent flyer, our on-campus transportation will even drop you off and pick you up at the airport.
When you visit our beautiful campus, you can walk along a wooded trail, fish at our stocked pond, or relax among our gardens and gazebo. Our vibrant social scene offers a bevy of clubs, card tournaments, games, parties, music, and more.
Made for active lifestyles, there’s always something on the schedule at Otterbein Pemberville.
The Oakwood Assisted Living at Otterbein Pemberville: New Assisted Living Apartments
At The Oakwood Assisted Living at Otterbein Pemberville, assisted living means that you or your loved one will receive help with some of life’s daily activities so you can continue living in comfort as independently as possible.
We create a caring environment where you can socialize with others, participate in organized activities, work on your crafts or hobbies, or simply spend some quiet time in your private suite. You’ll have choices and options at Otterbein Pemberville.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- Studio, 1-, and 2-bedroom apartments
- 1- and 2-bedroom all-brick patio homes
Our services at Otterbein Pemberville include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
At Otterbein, continuous life enrichment is one of our core values, so every Pemberville resident meets with an activities counselor to create a plan for personal development for your physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational well-being.
Otterbein Pemberville is the place to be for those with an active lifestyle because there’s so much to do here. Our amenities include:
- Wooded trail
- Stocked fishing pond
- Fitness center
- Café-style dining
- Beauty/barber shop
Myrtle B., Assisted Living Resident
Independent Living Residents
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Pemberville a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Pemberville SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community.
For independent living resident Sue and her husband, the benefits of moving to a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) were one of the biggest draws of Otterbein Pemberville.
“My husband and I wanted to make the decision that we move out here, unlike what happened in my mother and father’s case, when a doctor made that decision,” she said. “We wanted to make it so our two children did not have to make it. And believe me, my children said we gave them the best gift we could possibly give them.”
The couple enjoys staying active on campus. They also remain involved in their own activities and routines.
“We try to stay as much involved [on campus] as possible, but I also run my daily schedule too. I have the best of both worlds,” said Sue.
A Day in the Life
Week at a Glance
Strength & Balance
Grilled or Panini Sandwich
Vegetable of the Day
- Follow Us on a Typical Day at Otterbein Pemberville
It’s a common misconception that older adults in senior living communities spend their time napping or playing bingo all day. In reality, there’s so much more that goes on in their daily lives.
- Top 5 Assisted Living Myths Busted at The Oakwood at Otterbein Pemberville
The Oakwood at Otterbein Pemberville offers over 60 private assisted living suites and provides residents with a helping hand with their daily activities. The luxury assisted living community has numerous benefits and amenities for the residents […]
- Meet Otterbein Pemberville’s Independent Living Residents
The best way to learn more about life at an Otterbein community is to hear from residents who live there. We’ve rounded up interviews from a few of our independent living residents that help paint a picture of life at Otterbein Pemberville.
How can we help?