Life at Otterbein SeniorLife Marblehead
Nestled in 46 acres of woods, located halfway between Sandusky and Port Clinton, our campus at Otterbein Marblehead offers lakeside senior living that will take your cares away.
When you visit Otterbein Marblehead, you will fall in love with the resort-style retirement living offered in our friendly neighborhood of independent living homes and apartments, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. It truly is an extraordinary experience.
Located on Ohio’s Marblehead Peninsula, this is an area rich in history, culture, and recreational offerings – perfect for relaxing or participating in Otterbein Marblehead’s vibrant social scene. Attend an event at nearby historic Lakeside Chautauqua, take the ferry to the islands, or tour a winery. It’s like you’re on vacation every day on Ohio’s north shore.
What does Independent Living at Otterbein look like?
Explore our senior independent living options, including apartments and patio homes, and take a look at our featured home with a video tour.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- 1- and 2-bedroom apartments
- 1- and 2-bedroom patio homes
Our services at Otterbein Marblehead include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent senior living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a retirement community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
At Otterbein Marblehead, we believe in life enrichment, so every resident meets with an activities counselor to create a plan for personal development for physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational well-being.
Cornerstone Cottage Skilled Nursing at Otterbein Marblehead
Based on the innovative “small house” model originally championed in our Jane Baker House, Cornerstone Cottage Skilled Nursing at Otterbein Marblehead provides high-quality care in an actual “small house” setting, which houses up to 10 elders ― each with their own private rooms and bathrooms. Accommodations are available for both long-term and short-term skilled nursing care.
Assisted Living at Otterbein Marblehead
Enjoy an independent lifestyle and the support you need with some of life’s daily activities in assisted living. Services include three meals each day, weekly housekeeping, around-the-clock nursing care, and more.
Take a look inside our assisted living suite
Like all Otterbein campuses, Otterbein Marblehead is made for active senior lifestyles. Our amenities include:
- Boulevard Bistro
- Beauty salon
- Fitness room
- Marblehead Bank
- Meditation room
- Activity room
- Indoor shuffleboard court
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Marblehead a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Marblehead SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community (CCRC).
Bob M., a retired pastor and independent living resident at Otterbein Marblehead, has lived at Otterbein for several years, but just because he’s retired doesn’t mean he’s stopped living out his calling. He currently serves as volunteer chaplain on the Otterbein campus, a role that’s brought him much joy and fulfillment.
“There’s just all kinds of things people can do. You don’t need to just sit back and do nothing and be bored,” he said. “We can still stay active, and [older adults] have more experience in working with people and life in general.”
A Day in the Life
Week at a Glance
Men’s Coffee Club
Music & Manicure
Beef Pepper Steak & Gravy
Beer Battered Tilapia
Cheese Stuffed Shells w/ Marinara
BBQ Chicken Quarter
Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Fried Potato Wedges
Mandarin Cole Slaw
Fresh Baked Cookie
Vanilla Ice Cream
- Explore Assisted Living at Otterbein Marblehead
What is assisted living like at Otterbein Marblehead? Executive Director Jen Lenthe and Assisted Living Director Phyllis Gysan weigh in on life in the assisted living community and share what makes it special.
- Top 6 Reasons to Make Otterbein Marblehead Your Home
“It’s a wonderful place to live.” - Geri C., Otterbein Marblehead resident
- [VIDEO] Benefits of a CCRC: Q&A with Otterbein Marblehead
Life at Otterbein Marblehead, a continuing care retirement community located on Ohio’s Marblehead Peninsula, combines lakeside living and resort-style amenities. You can fill your days with activities or spend them relaxing in your patio home or […]
How can we help?