Life at Otterbein SeniorLife Marblehead
Nestled in 46 acres of woods, located halfway between Sandusky and Port Clinton, our campus at Otterbein Marblehead offers lakeside living that will take your cares away.
When you visit Otterbein Marblehead, you will fall in love with the resort-style retirement living offered in our friendly neighborhood of independent living homes and apartments, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. It truly is an extraordinary experience.
Located on Ohio’s Marblehead Peninsula, this is an area rich in history, culture, and recreational offerings – perfect for relaxing or participating in Otterbein Marblehead’s vibrant social scene. Attend an event at nearby historic Lakeside Chautauqua, take the ferry to the islands, or tour a winery. It’s like you’re on vacation every day on Ohio’s north shore.
What does Independent Living at Otterbein look like?
Explore our senior independent living options, including apartments and patio homes, and take a look at our featured home with a video tour.
We offer a range of choices in independent living with plenty of living space, including:
- 1- and 2-bedroom apartments
- 1- and 2-bedroom patio homes
Our services at Otterbein Marblehead include:
- Wellness checks, screening, and support for independent living residents
- Independent living for those who can live without assistance or support, but want the peace of mind of being at a community where care is available if needed
- Assisted living for individuals who need regular help with some of the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Skilled nursing/long-term care for individuals who need round-the-clock medical care
- Post-acute care and rehabilitation for individuals who need short-term care and/or therapy after a surgery, unexpected injury, or illness
- Memory care program for individuals with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease who need regular assistance and care
- Respite care for families and/or caregivers who need to arrange for temporary care for a loved one
At Otterbein Marblehead, we believe in life enrichment, so every resident meets with an activities counselor to create a plan for personal development for physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and vocational well-being.
Cornerstone Cottage: Skilled Nursing Small House
Based on the innovative “small house” model originally championed in our Jane Baker House, Cornerstone Cottage provides high-quality care in an actual “small house” setting, which houses up to 10 elders ― each with their own private rooms and bathrooms. Accommodations are available for both long-term and short-term skilled nursing care.
Like all Otterbein campuses, Otterbein Marblehead is made for active lifestyles. Our amenities include:
- Art studios
- Beauty and barber shop
- Walking trails
- Lakeside activities (fishing, boating, etc.)
- Campus shuttle
Explore Available Floor Plans
Is Otterbein Marblehead a Good Financial Fit for You?
Answer seven simple questions to see if Otterbein Marblehead SeniorLife Community is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our continuing care retirement community (CCRC).
Bob M., a retired pastor and independent living resident at Otterbein Marblehead, has lived at Otterbein for several years, but just because he’s retired doesn’t mean he’s stopped living out his calling. He currently serves as volunteer chaplain on the Otterbein campus, a role that’s brought him much joy and fulfillment.
“There’s just all kinds of things people can do. You don’t need to just sit back and do nothing and be bored,” he said. “We can still stay active, and [older adults] have more experience in working with people and life in general.”
A Day in the Life
Week at a Glance
Men’s Coffee Club
Music & Manicure
Beef Pepper Steak & Gravy
Beer Battered Tilapia
Cheese Stuffed Shells w/ Marinara
BBQ Chicken Quarter
Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Fried Potato Wedges
Mandarin Cole Slaw
Fresh Baked Cookie
Vanilla Ice Cream
- Explore the History of Marblehead, Ohio
When you think of Ohio, do you think of islands, sandy beaches, sunsets on the water, and great seafood?
- Top Things to Do in Marblehead, Ohio, in Winter
The Marblehead, Ohio, area on Lake Erie is typically bustling from April to October, but once the main tourist season has ended, you may be wondering, “What’s there to do in Marblehead in the winter?”
- Things to Do in Marblehead, Ohio
An accurate description of life at Otterbein Marblehead is, “It’s like being on vacation every day.” Situated on 46 acres of woods just a few blocks from the shores of Lake Erie, residents here experience the charm of lakeside living not only […]
How can we help?