Respite Care and Adult Day Services at Our SeniorLife Communities
You know it’s important to find time for yourself, but how do you do that when you’re a caregiver? This is where Otterbein respite care or our adult day services can help.
Both respite care and adult day services are short-term care options. Our respite care is available at all six of our SeniorLife Communities, while our adult day service currently is available only at Lebanon.
Whether you’re planning a vacation, want additional socialization for your loved one, or if you just need to take a day off, our respite care and adult day services are here for you. Gain exceptional care and comfort whether you stay with us for a few hours, a few days, a few weeks, or up to four months.
Otterbein Respite Care
Sometimes caregivers need care. The physical and emotional demands of caring 24 hours a day for a family member lead to stress. And sometimes, you just need to remove yourself from a stressful situation.
Or perhaps, you need a seasonal break. Winters demand snow shoveling. Driving can be hazardous. You may feel shut in and away from friends. A healthy hiatus at an Otterbein SeniorLife Community can re-engage you in life. Let our ministry help strengthen your spirit with joy, peace, and serenity.
Respite care includes:
- Maintenance-free living
- Full privileges of a resident
- Healthful meals
- Medication management
- Hundreds of activities
- Housekeeping, as needed
- Wellness services
- Available at all 6 SeniorLife Communities
Adult Day Services in Lebanon
Otterbein Lebanon’s adult day service center is a joyful place. Recreational and therapeutic programs fill your loved one’s mind, body, and spirit with life. While here, your loved one is safe, supervised by a caring staff with a collective 40 years’ experience.
Otterbein plans to offer adult day services in all its locations. However, right now, it’s only available at our Lebanon, Ohio, campus.
While utilizing our adult day services, elders can access a wide range of health and wellness services along with participating in individual and group activities to increase self-esteem and enjoyment. And of course, we’ll administer medicines and wellness checks, and care for toileting, ambulation, bathing, and eating as needed. There is even a monthly support group for caregivers.
Adult day services and amenities:
- Daily activities include exercise programs, group crossword puzzles, music and arts, crafts, cooking, games, parties, and spiritual programs.
- Administration of medicines and wellness checks and care for toileting, ambulation, bathing, and eating as needed.
- Fully-equipped kitchen, bathing area, activity rooms, exercise area, and wrap-around deck for outdoor activities.
- Ample parking for pickup and drop-off.
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy available.
- Podiatry, personal care, and beauty and barber services available.